Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Randomly Crashed

Christian Thomsen

Id love to see this answered. Or a way to manually force a world save file to a specific folder just for local backup? Its kind of pointless to rent a server and put time into it if your anxious the whole time about losing it....

47 minutes ago, ImBeingMe said:

Same thing, Seattle. My server is down now and I cant even restart it this time. 

YEE YYEEEE same thing with my server!!! IT's in SEAATTTLE!!!

On 2/5/2021 at 2:56 AM, Myrakkel76 said:

Anyone else have issues with their server just stopping itself, all the time? Does it time out if there is no activity? My Valheim server seems to have to be restarted constantly.

Happens at least once a day

If the server status is displaying as Unknown please submit a support ticket, I did resolve an unknown status issue on one of our Seattle machines today!

As for crashing once again, again please submit a support ticket so we can take a look!

Our server (Seattle) has stopped while not playing, last night and now today.  It's annoying because I can't try to restart it as the server admin is on a trip.  Hoping for a restart and a look into what might be causing the shutdown/crashes.

Edited by Marcus
Opened ticket for game server id: 125402

12 hours ago, j0hnnyllama said:

Why can't I restart it? I'm the admin, I've restarted 1/2 a dozen times over 5 hours with no success. My other post here was deleted. This is really lame.

This is super account specific and needs to be handled via support ticket. Please understand this is a community forum - not a support center.

France here, same thing. 2x a day crashing. I cant tell if this is machine-related or just early access related. The instability has also cause some progress loss for my group. I am wondering if it may be like minecraft, where, the more entities there are cluttering up the world, the more strain it puts on the server, but the cpu usage and memory usage do not appear to support that hypothesis.

UPDATE: However, some users have noted (See this thread:

) that the instability only became a real problem after the 10/2/2021 update. But the dates of these posts suggest otherwise.

it is not crashing i can play for 8 hours and not crash but as soon as we all log off the server stops. pretty sure it has to do with inactivity set to a ridiculously low threshold. 

21 hours ago, c0nan666 said:

it is not crashing i can play for 8 hours and not crash but as soon as we all log off the server stops. pretty sure it has to do with inactivity set to a ridiculously low threshold. 

Which defeats the purpose on why our group got a server in the first place.  Since I'm not always home, I don't want to leave my computer on every day, 24/7 so that everyone can play at whatever random times they play when I don't/can't.  I got tired of 2-3 DMs a day asking me to start the game for them so they could continue our world, so I decided to just rent a server which was met with much gratitude.

However, now instead of DMs 2-3 times a day to start my computer, I get DMs 2-3 times a day asking "Is the server down?  When can you get it up again?"

1 hour ago, Sythalin said:

Which defeats the purpose on why our group got a server in the first place.  Since I'm not always home, I don't want to leave my computer on every day, 24/7 so that everyone can play at whatever random times they play when I don't/can't.  I got tired of 2-3 DMs a day asking me to start the game for them so they could continue our world, so I decided to just rent a server which was met with much gratitude.

However, now instead of DMs 2-3 times a day to start my computer, I get DMs 2-3 times a day asking "Is the server down?  When can you get it up again?"

Exactly the same here. Its fine as long as someone is on the server but as soon as everyone logs off it goes down. Not sure why.

Please submit a ticket so we can see what's going on. It's an isolated issue to machines under overly heavy load (auto) or crashing due to the game. Either way, a support ticket will likely solve the issue (this thread is just to keep posts organized)

I've opened a support ticket for my immediate issue - the server crashing, going to status "unknown" and not being restartable.

We've also had problems with the server crashing once or twice per day, and it had shut down overnight while no-one was on. Should I raise a separate ticket for those issues?

Hey,

I'm getting the same thing, got the server yesterday, tried to upload my map, server bricked into Unknown status. Waiting for the support team to resolve it 😕

Haven't been able to play for a single minute unfortunately. Lets hope this will be fixed soon.

Does anyone know if SurvivalServers offers 24/7 service, as I'm in Europe and they seem to be based in the US?

They just fixed mine as well. Might have been an overall issue? Version number is now also showing correctly, which before it didn't.

This is actually my first time buying space from a host, usually I just host myself. Let's see how it goes from now on.

Out of curiosity, anyone having the stopping issue "while idle" change your restart to "Never/Custom Restarts"?  I made a custom restart at 4:00 PST, wondering if that has anything to do with it.

I've temporarily set it to "2 hours" to see if that may be our potential issue.  I'll post back in a couple hours when it hits that restart point to report if it comes back up on it's own.

1 hour ago, Meuldijk said:

They just fixed mine as well. Might have been an overall issue? Version number is now also showing correctly, which before it didn't.

This is actually my first time buying space from a host, usually I just host myself. Let's see how it goes from now on.

Aaaaaand its broken again. Were playing with 2 people and it just suddenly crashed.

I did set a custom restart timer. And also just removed it to see if it solves anything.